***2017 MELTDOWN DRAGS REGISTRATION IS FULL***
Registration is now closed for the 2017 Meltdown Drags.
If you don’t know how to register…just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
Year/Make/Model of the vehicle
Side picture of the vehicle (ensure we can see the wheels)
Registration will close on February 28th.
The 2016 Meltdown Drags was a huge success thanks to people like you. If you will be returning or thinking about making your first appearance, this is the event “where the guys go that get it”! You will not find a better vintage drag racing event in the country…come be part of history in Byron, IL from Friday, July 14th through Sunday, July 16th 2017
Before we share details on the registration process, we wanted to re-emphasize the guiding principles of this event:
- The purpose of the Meltdown Drags is to recreate what drag racing was like in the 60’s
- The event is not about who is the fastest, but a place where like minded people can come to match race and have fun
- All vehicles must be 1966 or earlier (with the exception of 1967 vehicles in which the body style did not change such as Novas, Fairlanes, Mopars, etc.)
- All vehicles including altereds and dragsters must have period correct looking exteriors including wheels, scoops, etc.
In regards to pre-registering, here are the details:
Preregistration will be open from 12:00 am CST on January 2nd through February 28th. We will NOT accept pre-registrations prior to January 2nd.
Only cars that will be racing are required to pre-register. Cars for the car show DO NOT need to pre-register. Historic display cars must be pre-approved by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
You will not pay when you pre-register, you will only pay at the event.
To pre-register, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Address (street, city, state, zip)
- Phone Number
- Year/Make/Model of the car(s) you are bringing
- Picture of the vehicle you are bringing
- The picture must be a side shot in which we can see the wheels on the car
- Car group or organization you are a part of
Due to the on-going growth of our event, we will have a cut-off on the number of race cars we can handle. If you fail to send an adequate picture or you send a picture with wheels that do not meet our criteria…you may miss the car count cut-off and be put on the waiting list.
Project cars are eligible to pre-register, but we ask you only do so only if you can have the car finished in time to race and that it will meet criteria. You will be given a project pre-registration number and you will need final approval before you can show up and race.
Everyone will be replied to in the order they are received and everyone will be replied to.
We will provide regular updates during the year via our website, www.meltdowndrags.com, the HAMB message board at www.jalopyjournal.com, and via our Facebook page. Please follow us to stay up to date.
Enjoy the New Year and we look forward to seeing you at the 2017 Meltdown Drags!